Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant to be responsible for process improvement and will have a focus on period end reporting and accounting. This is a maternity leave replacement but does have a strong opportunity for permanent employment after the contract.
About the Opportunity
- Prepare and deliver reporting for the entities managing to deadline
- Manage the contributions to the reporting process
- Prepare journal entries to record complex manual accounting activities
- Review and analyze reporting and account balances
- Prepare General Ledger account reconciliations according to accounting policy
- Act as a key contact for the external auditors
- Develop and maintain documentation of processes and procedures
- Serve as a key resource on accounting and reporting issues
- Formulate and recommend process improvements or solutions to problems
- CPA Designated
- 3+ years of accounting/financial statement preparation experience with IFRS
- Demonstrated ability to find practical, creative solutions to accounting and reporting problems with critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26459.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.