About the Company
Our client is a leading organization in the professional services industry. Their organization is the perfect blend of small company feel and large company opportunity. They are looking for a Senior Accountant to assist in managing the accounting operations.
About the Opportunity
- Prepare or review reinsurance accounting of Retrocession/Reinsurance business
- Ensure all monthly Reinsurance Accounts (e.g. Premiums/Lapse/Experience Refund) accruals are calculated accurately
- Investigate anomalies or unexpected variances in the operational accounting results, provide supporting detail/explanations and analytical commentary to Actuarial department and Business Unit management
- Prepare and review quarterly balance sheet and income statement analytics
- Prepare or review journal entries and reconciliations
- Timely and accurate production of quarterly financial submissions to Corporate Accounting for legal entities
- Analysis of actual financial results against plan and prior periods by providing commentary
- Develop and prepare for various management reports
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly/annual statutory exhibits and supplementary data for the company’s reporting
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements in financial reporting and analysis processes, ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization
- Perform system maintenance and ensure testing performed for all IT-initiated amendments to accounting systems
- 3+ years in financial reporting/audit
- Financial institutions experience (audit clients or industry experience)
- Strong MS Excel, MS Access, PeopleSoft skills
- Good understanding of different bases of accounting (USGAAP, IFRS and US Tax)
$75,000 - $83,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25491.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.