Our client is a leading property development company in the Greater Toronto Area. Due to growth in the organization, the team is expanding and are looking to bring on a Senior Accountant with experience from the development industry.
About the Opportunity
- Maintain the day to day record keeping for all companies including updating the general ledger, journal entries, budgets and allocations in Sage Timberline and NewStar
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents and records
- Prepare, record, process and maintain deposit records
- Prepare the month end closing and financial reporting including account analysis, bank reconciliations, loan schedules and intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements
- Coordinate and maintain loan documents for the loan portfolio
- Reconcile loan accounts with borrowers
- Prepare the quarterly interest invoices and record the accrual of interest income for all interest bearing loans and advances
- Prepare the quarterly reconciliations and accounting entries for marketable securities, amortization of capital assets and prepaid expenses.
- Assist with the quarterly executive financial package and operating reports
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial information to be provided to the external auditors
- Respond to audit inquiries as needed
- Prepare and file monthly HST and corporate tax payments
- Review the quarterly survey for Statistics Canada
- Assist in the compilation of information for each company’s annual tax return
- Develop, maintain and distribute special purpose reports and financial models as needed
- Other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s or College Business degree with a focus in accounting or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Accounting program experience using Sage Timberline and NewStar
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in preparing, handling and disclosing information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Proficiency in writing and reading English
- Passion for getting things done in an entrepreneurial environment
- Candidate must be mature and willing to roll up their sleeves
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24923.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.