ARE YOU A DYNAMIC, HIGHLY MOTIVATED INDIVIDUAL LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGE? Our client is looking for a Staff Accountant to provide timely closing of the books and records.
About the Company
This is a great opportunity to develop and utilize your skills in a rapidly growing, global cannabis company where you will always be challenged every day. This position and team will evolve and grow over time, allowing you to grow while in the role. As a key member of the Finance team, you will primarily be responsible for the timely closing of the books and records.
Why Work Here
- Incredible upside potential for the Cannabis space
- Opportunity to build your team
- VP and CFO are amazing leaders and mentors
About the Opportunity
- Month, quarter and year-end close and consolidation process
- Internal and external reporting
- Oversight of general accounting functions, including cash and bank reconciliations, prepaids, fixed and intangible assets, payroll and compensation accounting, income / commodity taxes and general ledger accounting for all subsidiaries and joint ventures among other items as assigned
- Provide value add analysis in explaining results and variances to management
- Complete quarterly financial updates presented to the Audit Committee including quarterly financial, key judgment areas, accounting policy updates and annual external financial statement audit results
- Develop, implement and comply with Company’s accounting policies and procedures including internal controls over financial reporting
- Assess corporate accounting operations, make recommendations for improvement and implement new processes, and accounting policies
- Provide support to any business development activities
- Build, develop, mentor, manager and train an accounting team capable of carrying out their responsibilities and any additional required initiatives
- CPA, CA
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting or a combination of public accounting and industry experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
$55,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24194.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.