ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Our client is looking for a dynamic individual to join their organization.
About the Company
Our client is a fast growing Canadian company in the transportation industry. They are looking for a Senior Accountant for this broad scope full cycle accounting role.
Why Work Here
- Exposure to Senior Leadership
- You will feel like you're part of the business
- Great mentor/boss
About the Opportunity
- Lead monthly and year-end close process and ensure accuracy and completeness
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and analyze P&L trends
- Conduct complete analysis and reconciliations on all input materials price on a weekly basis
- Review daily bank transactions and cashed cheque images every day and prepare daily bank status report to assist management doing foreign exchange
- Provide 8 weeks’ weekly cash forecast and projection report to assist management make decisions on exchange and investment
- Maintain fixed asset and capital lease asset files and calculate monthly depreciation
- Review capital lease contracts and prepare lease payment amortization schedules
- Complete and review monthly expense allocations between inter companies, create intercompany invoices, and ensure intercompany settlements are done
- Assist in audits, preparation of audit work papers and year-end audit packages
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- Full cycle accounting experience from a mid-sized company
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control procedures
- Excellent Excel skills
- Transportation industry experience is an asset
$70,000 - $75,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23957.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.