About the Opportunity
- Direct the project through all phases of the project life cycle to post-implementation and optimization, such that the project is successfully delivered on time, on budget, and with the desired end goals, adoption levels and benefits
- Lead enterprise-wide change through comprehensive strategic planning, engagement and communications
- Oversee all dimensions of the project including the changes to process, people, technology, technical standards, policy, organizational structure, job descriptions, etc. and the required change management activities
- Initiate and manage SAP transformation readiness activities (e.g., design and oversee detailed blueprinting activities, data transformation preparation, infrastructure set-up etc.)
- Design a robust SAP Transformation project governance structure, be accountable for all activities of the project including planning, scheduling, execution, resourcing, estimating, risk management, cost/benefit analyses, quality assurance, communication, and deliverables
- Guide and maintain momentum of decision-making across key 3 working groups (i.e., Finance, Budget and Planning and Procurement & Warehousing/Materials Management)
- Effectively engage and consult with finance, research, procurement and warehousing, digital and business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other key stakeholders to ensure that the SAP solution and its implementation approach meets the organization’s needs
- Oversee and act as a primary liaison point, and provide leadership to a cross-functional team to ensure high performance across a third-party System Integrator, SAP vendor and business stakeholders; lead the coordination of hardware and software installation
- Manage the work of resources required for the execution of the project, including the Systems Integrator, SAP vendor, Program Manager/Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, Senior Project Analysts and Finance subject matter experts etc.
- Develop, maintain and lead the high-level design plan for the overall logical and technical architecture for the SAP S4 HANA system, which will be done in collaboration with the Digital Architects and Leadership to ensure it inter-operates seamlessly with other clinical and research systems
- Analyze, resolve and make recommendations to resolve project issues, considering functionality, cost, risk, and quality, as well as managing and controlling the SAP budget and project change requests
- Provide leadership in identifying, recommending and implementing improvements to processes within the scope of the SAP project
- Identify cross-discipline risks, major impacts and/or decisions to escalate to the SAP project sponsors
- Ensure timely development and delivery of key presentations and regular project status updates to the project governance bodies, including executive steering committees, executive forums, working groups etc.
- Prepare appropriate business case documents in support of short- and long-term planning initiatives
- Develop staff utilization plans to ensure adequate level/mix of human resources to execute plans and achieve required outcomes
- Analyze financial/statistical reports on a regular basis; monitor, analyze and reconcile variances from approved plan; takes remedial action to attain budgeted targets
- Prepare and present financial reports to stakeholder, Finance and Audit Committee Board, Executive Steering Committee etc.
- Perform cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or recognized equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Business, related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years Project Management experience and PMP certification
- Minimum 10 years hands-on SAP experience; minimum 2 full life cycle implementations of SAP S4 HANA
- Direct experience working with the following SAP S/4 HANA modules: Accounts Receivable, Billing & Revenue Management, Accounts Payable, Integrated General Ledger, Grants Management and Reporting, Budgeting & Planning, Ariba Supply Management and Strategic Sourcing/Procurement and SAP Analytics Cloud
- Strong knowledge and experience in SAP master data management and data migration (i.e., SAP Selective Data Transition tools)
- Hands-on experience with software configuration, prototyping, and testing using leading ERP software solutions (e.g., SAP ERP, Salesforce CRM, Oracle E-Business Suite etc.)
- Minimum 10 years managerial experience
- Experience in the full life cycle of project management, including planning, budgeting, estimating, design, configuration, testing, implementation and optimization
- Experience managing software and system integration vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including report writing and presentations to senior executives and boards
- Strong facilitation and team leadership skills
- Strong consulting, analytical and problem-solving skills
$130,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28822.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.