About the Opportunity
- Facilitate bill back information for a wide range of services. Review and reconcile billing to ensure it is accurate and complete
- Manage a team of direct reports by creating resources to further their growth within the company. Monitor their activity to ensure they are following all required guidelines. Be involved in hiring and termination of direct associates
- Accuracy and Completeness: Review and approve associates work on a daily basis, which includes, payroll billing review, medical billing review, contract reconciliations and billing adjustments, etc, when needed
- Monitor the day to day activities of the department to hit performance goals and metrics and identify opportunities and weaknesses
- Supervise, train, mentor a team, maximizing individual strengths and striving for excellence
- Create resources for accounts receivable team to improve internal controls, data integrity, efficiency of staff and consistency of process and procedures
- Monitor and maintain ownership of a wide range of reports and spreadsheets for multiple entities and identify troubled and/or outstanding accounts. Prepare periodic reports, update and maintain notes on accounts and distribute to proper parties
- Issue Resolution: Investigate and troubleshoot issues by researching company records and interacting with operations staff and other internal departments
- Drive continuous improvement: Identify and implement process/systems improvement initiatives. Ensures that changes to the billing systems are implemented seamlessly by conducting testing on the system as necessary and ensuring proper change management concepts are followed
- Participate in team meetings and manage internal contacts and relationships to keep current with status of receivables
- 5+ years of functional experience in Accounts Receivable and/or Collections; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior Supervisory experience is a must.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Business preferred.
- Understanding full cycle accounts receivable management cycle including experience with reconciliations, accounting treatments and standard control and policies.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize responsibilities in order to handle a heavy work load and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while remaining detail focused
- Excellent attitude and willingness to continuously learn and update skills in order to remain competitive and challenged, and transfer knowledge to more junior team members
- Ability to work in a flexible hour environment, as some evenings may be required in order to meet deadlines (i.e. year-end, budgets, evening board meetings etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to communicate ideas effectively while maintaining composure in a changing environment
- Standard proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook is required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required, including the ability to input complex formulas and create Pivot Tables
- Knowledge of YARDI Accounting software is an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30252.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.