About the Company
Our client is a cable industry leader. They are looking for a Revenue Accountant to manage the financial component of professional service projects including working closely with project managers.
About the Opportunity
- Ensure accuracy of time submissions, billings, project forecasting and revenue recognition, along with investigating variances and discrepancies
- Responsible for analyzing sales contracts, software license agreements and statements of work to determine the billing for license fees, maintenance & support, and professional services and following up with client on any discrepancies
- Calculate and analyze monthly revenue recognition of projects while preparing monthly consolidated revenue analysis and variance reports for internal review
- Collaborate with Sales during client contract negotiations to resolve sales forecasting discrepancies, and to create client quotes
- Perform reconciliations and monthly revaluation of accounts denominated in foreign currencies
- Responsible for following up and collecting past due invoices and ensuring a low Accounts Receivable aging balance
- Contribute to the company’s profitability by providing accurate, relevant and timely financial information to various stakeholders
- Produce and analyze variance analysis and other ad hoc reports
- Assist in preparation of financial slides for Executive meetings and quarterly company-wide presentations
- University degree
- Professional designation (CPA preferred)
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience, including revenue recognition within a software environment
- Experience in time reporting using an ERPsystem (e.g. Epicor) an asset
$60,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24664.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.