About the Opportunity
- Reviewing, on a detailed and timely basis, the accuracy of recovery calculations contained within the Common Area Maintenance (CAM) and property tax models in connection with issuing annual pre- and final billings to tenants and during the annual budget process
- Reviewing and interpreting lease documents and providing assistance to the property management, accounting, asset management, legal and leasing teams to ensure the accurate setup of leases in the accounting system for purposes of billing tenants Providing assistance to the property management teams in investigating and responding to tenant queries or disputes
- Providing the accounting team with CAM and tax charge types for new deals, renewals and expansions on a monthly basis
- Identifying, recommending and implementing process and system improvements
- Setting up tenant recovery models for new properties as required
- Providing financial analysis to determine the impacts of selected exception deals as required
- Have a minimum of 5 years of related work experience in reading and interpreting leases, preferably for commercial retail tenants
- Have an understanding of accounting concepts as it relates to the real estate industry
- Are highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and have strong financial analytical and problem-solving skills
- Are detail oriented and focused on accuracy
- Are an excellent communicator in both written and verbal form, preferably in French as well as English
- Embrace collaborative sharing of knowledge within a teamwork environment
- Thrive in organizations that constantly evolve and can work well under pressure
- Are driven to achieve results and continuously strive to deliver the highest performance through creative thinking
- Have experience working with large ERP systems, preferably JD Edwards
$70,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #385381.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.