About the Opportunity
- Welcome volunteers and visitors: greet individual and corporate volunteers and visitors, in person or on the telephone according to established guidelines and good customer service practices.
- Provide information: answer/refer in person and phone enquiries, provide instructions, and directions to volunteers.
- Volunteer intake: sign-in/out, schedule and process volunteer applications.
- Information management: data entry, file, print lists and reports.
- Maintain security: follow procedures, monitor access, issue ID badges and follow loss prevention practices.
- Maintain Welcome Centre: monitor office and coffee supplies; keep it tidy and neat at all times.
- Interpersonal relations: interact with staff, peers, volunteers, including people who may exhibit difficult behavior.
- Onsite service referral: appropriately refer visitors to the food bank and administrative departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing personality
- Familiarity with computer use including Microsoft Office, typing efficiency, and data management
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #320065.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.