As a Member of Our Team, You Will Be Responsible For:
· Greets and registers all visitors, vendors, new hires, contractors, Board Members, Clients
· Answers all incoming phone calls and redirects as necessary. Ensures all phone inquiries are handled efficiently, politely, and with confidentiality.
· Provides all new employees with first-day information and orientation, unique hire tours, preps and distributes new hire backpacks, and coordinates with the Facilities & Office Services team for access cards.
· Show eagerness and willingness to learn Envoy (seat booking), Workday, Snagit, Passcard and Locker software and programming.
· Manages all temporary passcards, keeping the listing current, following up on outstanding cards, cancelling as required, and requesting replacements.
· Creates, reviews, and regularly updates the Reception Manual to ensure anyone providing coverage has all the necessary information. Manages and maintains all documents related to reception operations and procedures.
· Actively participate in all IMCO events for Facilities and Office Services departments – Anchor Days, TownHalls, United Way Events, Day of Giving, and Employee Appreciation Events.
· Runs small projects or initiatives end to end as identified by the Senior Manager Facilities (and delegates), identifying and escalating issues and meeting stakeholder requirements
· Distributing, sorting, and scanning all incoming mail depending on the department's needs. Contacting individuals who have deliveries, ensuring they are picked up promptly
· Assists with all front-of-desk requests from guests and or employees.
· Ensures the Reception area is continuously stocked with IMCO-related materials, including Annual Reports and information Booklets.
· Engages in various support requests, including facilities and building requests, transportation requests, courier/mail requests, coordinating last-minute room bookings, tech support requests, and meeting room service requests.
· Understanding of the meeting room technology to be able to assist with connectivity issues during meetings quickly and efficiently
· Wearing your pride in our space, ensuring our offerings (coffee, tea, snacks, room setups, etc) are stocked and replenished frequently throughout the day, clearing out meeting rooms, and providing glassware cutlery placed according to our standards within the rooms.
· Ad-hoc requests from employees, clients, management, and C-Suite as required, paying careful attention to all the large and tiny details.
What do you need to succeed?
· Hospitality and client services background required
· Must be customer and employee-focused with a desire to exceed customer expectations and utilize strong interpersonal skills when interacting with all levels of staff and external visitors.
· Minimum high school diploma (College Diploma or Bachelor's degree preferred) with 3-5+ years' experience as a receptionist working in a corporate environment.
· Prior experience in investment, banks, law firms, or other financial services-related industries is also an asset.
· Maintains a highly professional demeanour in all interactions with IMCO employees and visitors. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality concerning business matters.
· Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (French and additional languages an asset).
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe