ARE YOU A QA MANAGER LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW OPPORTUNITY? Our client is looking for an experienced professional to join their team.
Our client is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to provide leadership for a distributed QA Team of 10-12 in a Scrum environment. You will serve as the team’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) on software testing requirements, testing frameworks, automation frameworks, automation tools and technologies.
About the Opportunity
- Participates in design, planning, execution, monitoring and improving testing processes
- Identifies and implements a sustainable test automation framework
- Designs automated tests, troubleshoots issues, and implements scalable test automation framework and solutions
- Follows best practices in line with the latest industry standards in automation development, maintenance and management of the test automation artifacts
- Defines and governs testing standards and Quality Assurance tasks
- Constantly evaluates test automation strategy and approach to identify areas of improvement (i.e. test automation frameworks, dynamic data collection methodologies, coding standards, components and object repository methods, etc.).
- Establishes goals and objectives for appropriate testing cycles
- Defines and maintains test system configurations and test data
- Converts existing manual test scripts into automated scripts
- Produces reports and documentation for all automated testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Scrum certification preferred
- Significant experience in managing and leading internal QA and Testing teams
- 10+ years of hands-on software testing experience, including test plan and test case creation, performance testing, regression and functional testing
- 3+ years’ experience with test automation (preferably Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, JMeter)
- Understanding of source control management and build processes
- Experience working with a variety of development methodologies including Agile/Scrum to develop and execute software test plans, including continuous integration and data driven development
- Proven experience assessing and implementing QA methodologies and best practices, including training, change management and process/ procedure documentation
- General knowledge of all areas listed below is preferred. While this position is mostly not hands-on, being able to address processes, tools, procedures and strategies around overall testing practices requires fundamental working knowledge of many areas:
- JIRA / Confluence
- Oracle suite
- Azure, Amazon AWS, and/or other Cloud platforms
- Performance profiling and monitoring tools (Jmeter)
- Source control systems, GIT, BitBucket or similar
- Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber
- Frameworks or products for automated bulk comparison of source and target for data loads to verify data completeness and correctness preferred
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build strong collaborative partnerships across functional lines
- Experience communicating quality issues and recommendations to leadership team
- Strong organizational skills, ability to deal with complexity and work quickly without sacrificing quality
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #17964.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit