About the Job
- Month-end, quarter-end, and year-end property accounting including financial statements according to accounting standards and conducts comprehensive business-focused variance analysis and commentaries regarding variances
- Maintain and update monthly and annual general ledger account reconciliation working papers and follow-up to ensure items are cleared according to guidelines, procedures, policies, and deadlines
- Property accounting journal entries including operating expense accruals, revenue accruals, amortization, depreciation, and other entries as required.
- Review, code, and ensure processing of accounting related accounts payable such as audit fees, property taxes, and tax remittances (GST/HST/QST/State Tax/etc.)
- Review and approve bank reconciliations and prepare packages for review
- Prepare annual municipal property tax and other regulatory related financial and operational reporting requirements for review
- Calculate and prepare tenant chargebacks as required such as direct use utilities to tenants
- Setup and maintain straight line rent and responsible for straight line rent variance analysis
- Create and maintain tenant CAM & TAX recovery models in accordance with tenant lease terms and prepares tenant year end CAM and Tax billings/invoicing in accordance with tenant lease term
- Create and monitor cash flow projections, prepare cash call and distribution instructions
- Reconcile and maintain a full understanding of all balance sheet and income statement accounts and prepare a detailed variance analysis of revenue and expenses
- Ensure all GST/HST/QST/State Tax and other legislated taxes are reconciled and remitted
- Assist with auditor requirements, including the company’s audit firm and all partner/co-owner audit firms, as well as government audits when required
- Participate in special projects and process improvements
- Ensure accounting processes are executed efficiently and effectively across the portfolio, and technology and system generated reports are fully utilized
- A University Degree or College Diploma in an accounting related field of study and active enrollment in a recognized accounting program (CPA)
- 2+ years working in a property management accounting department or similar
- Working knowledge of month-end and accounting cycle for the preparation of a full set of financial statements for properties
- Preparation/review of financial statements, cash management, budgets, audit working papers and Tenant operating cost adjustments
- Preference will be given to those who have worked within a commercial real estate environment
- Exposure to professional accounting environment such as working in an audit firm or back office accounting department
- Experience in large corporate and/or multi-national company environment is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and working with enterprise systems such as ERP preferred
$25 - $30/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28343.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.