About the Opportunity
- Overseeing monthly tasks such as reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, amortization, distributions, and bank reconciliations.
- Conduct quarterly variance analysis with Property Managers.
- Prepare annual reports, year-end packages, tenant billings, and commercial tenant invoices.
- Develop annual budgets and ensure timely reconciliation of tenant chargeback accounts.
- Submit monthly HST filings and maintain utility consumption spreadsheets.
- Review MPAC forms for Residential Properties and supplier invoices for non-routine transactions, including assessments related to insurance claims.
- Communicate with property management, accounts receivable, and accounts payable teams to identify significant variances.
- Address queries about the Accounting System from site and head office and provide necessary training.
- Handle day-to-day tasks, including reviewing and correcting financial statements, compiling quarterly financial statements, and managing month-end procedures.
- Oversee year-end processes for portfolios in July, August, and October, evenly distributing responsibilities each month.
- Minimum 2 years of Property Accounting experience
- University or college degree in Accounting/Finance is required
- Experience with real estate software, Yardi is strongly preferred
- High proficiency with MS Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CPA enrolled would be an asset
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #392250.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.