About the Opportunity
- Overall: Full Cycle accounting support for a portfolio of properties, including preparation of financial reporting packages, evaluating budget and reforecast performance, tenant reconciliations, and government remittances.
- Reporting: Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual property financial package for management and other internal customers, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, capital expenditures, leasing costs, and operating cost recoveries, and other reports as needed.
- Variance Analysis: Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual detailed variance analysis against budget/reforecast for property managers, and collaborate seamlessly with other operational groups, operational finance, and corporate finance, to answer property accounting queries and provide insights.
- Budgeting/Forecasting: Prepare annual operating budgets with Property Manager(s), including supporting schedules, variance analysis, updated rent roll, and impact to operating cash flow and prepare ownership budgets incorporating leasing assumptions and capital budgets. Prepare quarterly reforecasts to operating and capital budgets and impact to operating cash flow.
- Tenant Recoveries: Prepare timely and accurate year-end CAM and realty tax reconciliations of tenant accounts with Property Manager(s), including supporting schedules, variance analysis, and additional billings and operating expense statements to tenants.
- Cost Tracking: Maintain capital expenditures and tenant inducements tracking against budget, and update for quarterly reforecast process.
- Accounts Receivable: Enter leases for new & renewing tenants, prepare and update rent roll on a monthly basis, prepare invoices and statements to tenants, and ensure overall accuracy for tenant ledgers.
- Accounts Payable: Review and approve account coding and allocation on purchase orders and invoices to maintain data integrity.
- General Ledger: Prepare journal entries, adjustments and accruals and reconcile sub-ledgers and balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Year-End: Prepare draft working papers and supporting schedules, process income tax instalment payments to and refunds from CRA, assist with CRA audits/reviews
- HST Returns: Prepare and file monthly GST/HST returns on a timely basis for all operating entities, administer payments to and refunds from CRA, assist with CRA audits/reviews, maintain electronic filing of all CRA correspondence and documentation, as well as supporting files
- CPA designation (or pursuing) preferred
- High proficiency in the English language
- Clear and effective communicator (verbal and written)
- Fast learner, roll-up-your-sleeves personality, and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and driven to delivering timely results without the need for ongoing direction and supervision
- Customer-focused, readily adaptive to change, and works well with a wide variety of people and personalities
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- 5 years working experience (2-3 years in Commercial real estate industry is highly preferred)
- Working experience with Yardi Voyager is a must
$75,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #383378.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.