About the Company
We believe that apartments are more than bricks and mortar - they are an experience. Started in 1999 with one small building in Oakville Ontario, we now manage a portfolio of over 200 multi-family residential buildings throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia. It takes pride in ownership and an active hands-on approach to how we manage our communities. We are committed to fostering the long-term growth of our employees, communities and the investments we make for our clients. It’s one of the things we’ve always believed in, creating value for people and places
We are committed to a diverse and sustainable future
Vision: “We create value for people and places”
Our Core Values:
- Ownership Mindset
- Having Fun
About the Opportunity
The Property Accountant will report to the Manager, Property Accounting to carry out accounting functions, preparation of reports and analysis of the financial results. The Property Accountant will maintain accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations. This role can be based on Toronto or Montreal
Prepare monthly reporting package for management/investors including:
- Balance sheet
- Income statement
- Bank reconciliations
- Variance analysis
- Various accounts reconciliations
Record routine journal entries through-out the month including:
- Gross Potential Rent (GPR)
- Revenue and expense accruals
- Fair market value adjustments
- Analyze trends in financial performance
- Assist with quarterly/yearly reporting packages as requested
- Assist with period & year-end audit packages as directed by Property Accounting Manager
- Input journal entries into Yardi
- Review coding of invoices to ensure accurate posting in general ledger
- Prepare and maintain necessary continuity schedules
- Assist in coordinate and compilation of annual operational and capital budgets
- Other general ledger maintenance as required
- Other accounting schedules as requested for mortgage compliance and appraisal purposes
- Work on special projects as assigned by Senior Management
- Accounting diploma and/or Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration
- A minimum of 2 years of Property Accounting experience
- Working towards accounting designation (CPA, or finalist) an asset
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Power Point, Word) a must
- Systems proficiency with property management and accounting software (experience with Yardi is an asset)
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset
- Excellent communication is required. Ability to speak other languages is considered an asset
- Actively championing diversity and inclusion.
- A professional demeanor and coupled with strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment when assessing difficult situations.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in high pressure situations.
- Self-motivated individual who is proactive, takes initiative, goal and results oriented and work independently without a lot of direction.
- Superior organizational and time management skills in order to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines to meet multiple deadlines.
- Flexible with a “can-do” attitude and a “no task is too big or too small” attitude.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy and excellent follow-up skills
- Business level -bilingual French/English is considered an asset
$60,000 - $75,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #327775
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.