ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED PROJECT MANAGER WHO IS LOOKING TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Our client is seeking a Project Manager who will be responsible and accountable for the successful implementation of projects related to system implementation and integration as well as system development as part of the Finance Transformation program.
Project Manager - 8 Month Contract
The candidate shall plan, organize and execute all aspects of the project based upon the business’ requirements, clearly communicating with all levels of the organization. With a flexible approach, you will work collaboratively with external vendors and/or consultants and internal team members to deliver the project per planned objectives, timelines and budget, while applying quality control throughout the lifecycle.
About the Opportunity
- Develop detailed project plan and schedule, monitor and report on activities related to the project, exercising change control; including timelines, resource assignments, milestones, deliverables and variance against the baseline using appropriate tools
- Manage and track project interdependencies and critical path across multiple work streams
- Identification and management of risks and issues, maintaining RAID logs across projects and initiatives responsible
- Establish and monitor project economics, including cost, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources and risk, ensuring there are appropriate and effective governance arrangements, supported by comprehensive reporting
- Lead and support internal project team and vendors or consultants, clearly defining roles, responsibilities and expected results to ensure delivery on project objectives and activities
- Provide excellent stakeholder management, acting as the single point of contact, ensuring their expectations are managed effectively and adapting communication style to various audiences and levels
- Promote a positive, collaborative environment for all project participants
- Work with HR lead to manage and plan all organizational changes and knowledge transfers
- Produce and manage quality project artifacts in alignment with established methodology, standards and policies
- Gather lessons learned from project participants and report recommendations for improvements
- Bachelor degree or diploma in a related field of study
- Project Management Professional® certification preferred, or working towards
- 8+ years of project and/or program management
- Experience in working on technical projects related to system integration and system optimization
- Previous Experience working in an Agile and Waterfall Project Management methodology environment
- Previous experience with Financial accounting and budgeting software (i.e.Tagetik, Hyperion)
- Previous software development project management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams and Project (2013 +)
- Ability to deliver solutions in a complex environment with leadership and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage multiple streams and inter-dependencies across projects
- Ability to manage projects and approach tasks in a structured and systematic manner
- Ability to understand business domains and needs
- Ability to lead project and technical teams to complete work on tight deadlines
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23966.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.