About the Opportunity
- Ensures the life cycle of projects for project accounting to project closeout including any analysis/changes required, oversee all project analysis and reporting processes and review and approve monthly accounting entries
- Oversee reconciliation process and provide information required for operational dashboards and executive reports to ensure that it is reflective of the financial statements and MD&A
- Identify process improvement and documentation opportunities including development of customized reports, creation of templates to promote improved/faster reporting and analysis to support data validation and journal entries
- Review capitalization vs operating expense treatment for project costs
- Support the Program Management Office and Group Finance with design and implementation of control and process improvements on project accounting
- Provide support and guidance to the Project Accounting team and the Director in developing and motivating a team of high-caliber professionals
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in project accounting roles
- Experience working on continuous improvement projects, and exposure to directing daily tasks of a team, including providing feedback
- Ability to explain financial issues to non-finance team members in a clear and concise manner
- University degree with a focus in accounting
- CPA designation, or in progress
- Exceptional proficiency in accounting related software as well as Excel
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28095.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.