About the Company
Our client is a leading developer of innovative and safe thermal, acoustic and mechanical solutions. They are currently looking for a Plant Controller, to focus primarily on cost accounting and cost controlling, amongst a variety of other related tasks.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities to grow within the company, globally and within Canada as well
- Very stable company and are performing very well (bonuses were even paid out!)
About the Opportunity
- Assumes Finance Business Partner role to Plant Manager & plant team
- Assists plant management in decision-making process that allows for profit maximization
- Ensures accuracy of plant financial reports and adherence to internal control guidelines
- Takes ownership of the plant cycle count programme
- Leads the Plant’s Cost Deployment initiative with the objective to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Owns the development and maintenance of standard cost model and standard costs in SAP
- Ensures that actual variance drivers are properly identified and reported
- Works with the plant team to develop the productivity action plan
- Drives the variance forecast process for the site to properly identify risks and opportunities in delivering the full-year targets
- Ensures that the monthly and annual closing processes are completed accurately and timely
- Audits financial assumptions in investment requests and monitors actual spending/cost impact against approved targets
- Manufacturing Experience
- CPA, CGA, CMA Designated (or close to completion)
- Background in Cost Accounting
- SAP experience is highly preferred
$90,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29771.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.