About the Opportunity
- Providing guidance and instructions to students and staff. We are continuously explaining forms and procedures, and teaching/orientating about Payroll software system and making adjustments. Provides excellent customer service and advice to staff, faculty, department representatives and external contracts, on a full range of payroll, human resources and benefit related issues
- Plan and coordinate my work assignments and the administration of Payroll services to ensure done the work in a timely manner
- Incumbent must have a sound knowledge of union contracts and employment policies to ensure that collective agreements/policies are applied. Based on sound knowledge interprets and applies human resources, payroll policies and union contracts. Directs more complex issues as appropriate.
- Responsible for entering data (hours, general ledger numbers, changes) to the software on a bi-weekly schedule to facilitate payment of hourly paid employees
- Communicates policy, procedural, and legislative requirements to customers who often have little or no understanding of payroll
- Calculates earnings and deductions when there are changes; updates records in program
- Responsible for verification and analyses of output and communicates with payroll provider when necessary with regard to any discrepancies or adjustments,
- Verifies, makes necessary corrections and enters the payroll journals to Accounting system for cost distribution of payroll
- Assists employees complete forms such as tax forms, benefits option etc. Provides copies of T4s for lost originals or T4s not received
- Prepares and files Record of Employment (ROE) with Service Canada for employees who terminate or have a break in service
- Responsible for Maternity leave/ Parental leave calculation for hourly employees
- University degree in Payroll, Human Resources, or Accounting
- Payroll designation would be an asset
- 4-5 years of related Payroll and Accounting experience
- Strong service orientation and excellent client services skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
$27 - $30/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #334848.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.