About the Opportunity
Currently seeking a Payroll Specialist who will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of its weekly payrolls. The Payroll Specialist will also be responsible for performing tasks such as reconciliations, journal entry preparations and other accounting functions. Integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial attributes for this role
- Full-cycle processing and administering weekly payrolls for company employees (union and non-union), contractors and other parties, while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy and timeliness for effected pay periods
- Prepare and process weekly timesheet and scheduled payments based on contracts in Ceridian payroll system
- Process all payroll transactions including but not limited to new hires, changes, terminations, severances, taxable benefits, accruals, disability payments, bonus payments and authorized deductions.
- Compile data from a wide variety of sources to assist in preparation of payroll e.g. timesheets, spreadsheets, contracts
- Able to read and understand the Equity (union) contracts in order to make sure artists’ fee and deduction correctly
- Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile to general ledger accounting records on timely manner
- Maintaining and updating the Ceridian system for all
- Prepare monthly remittances (e.g. WSIB, equity, union payments etc.) and submit purchase quotes in Business Central accounting system
- Review and reconcile invoices
- Ensure that hours/fees are categorized and allocated to correct general ledger account codes per contract/instructions from department managers/heads
- Prepare journal entries and forms, such as records of employment, income tax forms and remittances
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements Maintain organized electronic payroll filing system for payroll registers, government statements and other payroll-related correspondence
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure timesheets, pay, fees and records are accurate
- Verify payroll and benefit data relating to Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Leaves of Absence and Wage Garnishees in accordance with service guidelines and prevailing government legislation
- Experience processing payroll for Union employees
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Experience with Ceridian an asset
- General Accounting knowledge practical or educational
$34 - $36/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #343677.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.