About the Opportunity:
Payroll (Processing & Reconciliation)
- Manage and process payrolls for 4 companies in both Canada and US
- File year end remittance and reconciliations for T4s, RL-1s, W-2s, WSIB, EHT, CNESST, RLZ-1.S, T2200
- Record payroll accounting expenses through journal entries in Microsoft Dynamics Navision
- Reconcile payroll general ledger accounts (payroll, benefits, WSIB)
- Prepare and enter month end payroll related accruals
- Maintain payroll records
Payroll System Utilization
- Maintain the HR & Payroll Ceridian Dayforce human capital management system
- Implement company wide system implementation including Performance Management, LMS, Recognition
Reporting and Data Management
- Monthly WSIB reporting & remittance, incident reporting
- Analyze HR related data and prepare presentations, introduce HR analytics
- Reporting from the HR system and prepare presentations for the monthly HR Report
Compensation & Benefits
- Administer benefits enrollment and cards to active employees
- Update employee compensation details in system(s) and employee files while changes occur (raises,
- job changes)
- Responsible for termination pay and ceasing benefits when employees are terminated or leave
- Maintain and update policies to ensure compliance with Federal and Provincial payroll legislation updates
- Ensure pay equity, compliance with ESA (vacation accruals and entitlement, etc.)
- Enroll, maintain, and manage the employee benefits administration
- Administer/set up onboarding package for new hires and exit procedures for departed employees
- Employee File Maintenance (online & paper) including attendance tracking and vacation balance reporting (vacation, sick, flex, etc.).
- Initiate HR projects and payroll advancements, introduce new benefits analysis and submit studies.
- Update the system with HR data including job descriptions, disciplinary actions, Training data, etc.
- Perform Recruiting duties to fill positions for all locations including co-op interview and selection
- Administer the engagement survey and produce analytics, implement, and coordinate engagement calendar/events
- 2+ years of payroll experience
- PCP or CPM designation
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce
- Intermediate Excel
- Experience with ESA
$25 - $32/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29945.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.