About the Opportunity
- Processing Canadian bi-weekly, hourly and salary payroll, including unionized employees
- Process special payroll amounts and update systems for new hires, employee changes, transfers, terminations, etc.
- Processing terminations and Records of Employment for scheduled seasonal lay-offs in accordance with the Employment Standards Act/Service Canada
- Audit payroll inputting reports and registers to ensure accuracy
- Answer specific questions from Finance and Accounting related to payroll transactions
- Prepare and distribute T2200's, T4 balancing and management and year-end summary processing
- Manage all government and WSIB/WCB/EHT remittances
- Manage all RRSP/TFSA and Garnishment remittances
- Prepare statistical and ad hoc reports for Finance and HR as required such as headcount, department hours reports, overtime, etc.
- Contributing to the accuracy and integrity of the payroll function within the company
- Provide excellent internal customer service
- Other finance duties as assigned
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience (Business, Finance, Accounting)
- Experience in an Accounts Receivable Role
- Proactive and ability to work independently, escalating issues when appropriate
- Ability to deal with individuals at all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment, often with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables
- Strong organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
$50,000 - $55,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27981.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.