About the Opportunity
- Taking ownership of and processing bi-weekly payroll for approximately 350+ hourly employees
- Retrieving and accurately entering employee information into ADP Workforce now
- Accurately processing any changes pertaining to employee personal and employment information in payroll system, including address, rate, deductions, garnishments, benefit deductions, etc.
- Maintain accurate employee records/ files based on employment status, including re-hires, leave of absences, and terminations
- Assist with benefit administration for all employees and ensuring accurate deductions relating to benefits are made each pay period
- Responsible for the distribution of all employee pay stub access, forms and ensuring a record of employment is issued in a timely manner
- Investigate and rectify payroll related challenges with issues, systems and tools
- Ensure taxes and deductions are being calculated as per provincial and federal requirements
- Validate vacation and personal time accrual balance
- Answer specific questions from Finance & Accounting related to payroll transactions
- Prepare and distribute T2200's, T4 balancing and management and year-end summary processing
- Process and balance payroll expenses, deductions and adjustments
- Manage all government and WSIB/WCB/EHT remittances
- Partner with Finance and Accounting for biweekly journal entries & payroll account reconciliations
- Communicate and respond effectively to payroll inquiries in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Review and audit payroll for accuracy
- Prepare statistical and ad hoc reports for Finance and HR as required such as headcount, department hours reports, overtime, etc.
- Partner with Finance and Accounting for biweekly payroll account reconciliations and journal entries
- Assist in Year-end administrative tasks
- Data Entry, filing, and other general administrative duties as required
- 3+ years of relevant Payroll experience
- Business diploma in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent
- Experience with Sage300, or similar ERP accounting system
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now, or similar electronic payroll processing platform
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27502.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.