About the Company
Our client is a medical laboratory services organization looking for a Payroll Specialist to join their Payroll team. This individual will be responsible for the daily management of the accurate, timely and confidential preparation and distribution of payroll and assist in the preparation of all month and year-end related reporting.
About the Opportunity
- Ensure payroll procedures are in compliance with regulatory bodies and the applicable collective agreements
- Verify payroll each pay period to ensure transactions have been processed accurately
- Ensure processing of appropriate deductions, remittances and reporting requirements for deductions and benefits as required by legislation, collective agreements and company policies are met
- Reconcile payroll source deductions for T4 purposes
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll timecards
- Provide advice, guidance and communicate to staff on all payroll matters including benefit deductions and remittances related issues/questions
- Oversee the administration of the Ceridian Payflex Payroll System, changes to calculations, employee setup and G/L mapping
- Prepare payroll reports on a monthly basis, including Vacation/RRSP/Sick reports
- Review and reconcile monthly payroll and benefit deductions and remittances
- Respond to inquiries as required and provide support to the sites in processing payroll
- Prepare annual EHT and WSIB returns
- Prepare T2200 Forms across Canada at employees request for mileage and car allowance recipients
- 3+ years of full cycle processing experience
- Completion of PCP and/or CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) designation
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communicator
$50,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24371.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.