About the Opportunity
- Responsible for entire payroll function
- Manage the payroll process end-to-end, including preparing payroll reports and remittances after each payroll run, processing taxes
- Working with HR and Finance teams, administer and process for both bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll for hourly and salaried employees, respectively, ensuring that all data is accurate and up-to-date
- Review and approve payroll data
- Ensure that all payroll transactions are recorded accurately and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Processing new hires, leaves and terminations including final pays and ROEs
- Reconcile payroll-related accounts and resolve any discrepancies
- Reconciles benefit accounts and processes payments as required, ensuring all deductions are processed correctly according to changes in premium rates
- Administrating the RRSP Matching Program, including remittance of monthly payroll deductions to provider.
- Performs year-end activities including annual payroll balancing at year-end for T4 preparation; ensures CPP and EI deductions are correct based on insurable earnings.
- Maintain a deep understanding of payroll regulations, laws, and best practices, and stay up-to-date on any changes or updates
- Actively participates in planning, testing and implementation of payroll system function enhancements and upgrades, to ensure business needs are met systems change requests
- Troubleshoot payroll issues for appropriate resolutions
- Liaise and collaborate with HR and Finance departments on special payroll related projects
- Provide training and support to payroll staff as needed
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience processing Canadian (multiple provinces) in a fast-paced environment, including experience with ADP WFN
- Canadian Payroll Association Certification
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge payroll regulations and laws, including, Employment Standards Act provincial regulations, and tax laws and regulations
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A high degree of professionalism in handling sensitive and confidential materials
Up to $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #386303.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.