About the Opportunity
- Review current payroll processes, recommend, and implement changes to increase efficiencies.
- Lead the development and enhancement of requirements through the payroll system on a continuous basis
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of compensation and recognition programs, identifies gaps and solutions and prepares recommendations for continuous improvements
- Interpret technical requirements and develop implementation plan
- Lead the integration of other business units onto the payroll provider’s system – identify unique requirements
- Research additional modules or other service offerings to leverage technology and reduce manual processing
- Contact with payroll services providers – liaise to incorporate company requirements into Payworks, Paychex and ADP (US) system; process master file changes
- Manages the preparation, distribution, and reporting processes for payroll.
- Computes the calculation of wages, overtime, and deductions to ensure compliance with Canadian Federal and Provincial Laws and US Department of Labor laws
- Reviews, edits and makes corrections and adjustments as needed to system outputs.
- Processes special adjustments, manual updates, exceptions to the system.
- Ensures that payments and government reports are disbursed timely and accurately.
- Transfer of funds to payroll provider.
- Prepares general ledger entries for payroll - for input to financial statements.
- Performs year-end reconciliations: processes T4’s and T4A’s
- Responds to payroll inquiries from employees
- Responds to external agencies such as: CRA, IRS, Service Canada, Family Support, garnishments, etc.
- Develop documentation of standard operating procedures to allow smooth execution of payroll in incumbent’s absence
- Create reports, head count and Semimonthly payroll summary reports for management
Benefits and Group Retirement Programs:
- Reviews and approves invoices for payment; prepares RBC Insurance entries for allocation of expenses by business unit
- Investigates special issues with RBC Insurance and Manulife Financial and recommends course of action
- Audit required benefits and group retirement documents for compliance
Human Resources Information System
- Responsible for maintaining positive working relationship with all payroll providers to ensure third party system meets both HR and payroll needs; resolve problem areas as they arise
- Creates exception reports from HRIS
- Assists Human Resources as assigned
- 3 – 5 Years Related Experience
- Undergraduate Degree/Diploma in Related Field
- Canadian Payroll Association Certification
- Knowledge of provincial and federal labour laws and employment standards.
- Knowledge of US payroll laws an asset
- High Proficiency in Business Software – Excel, third-party software
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29322.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.