About the Opportunity
- Manage and provide oversight to the team to provide full cycle accurate and timely payroll processing in a multi-payroll environment
- Ensure all payroll activities are compliant to legislative, collective agreement and regulatory policies
- Manage and execute on various financial operational requirements including payroll reconciliation, journal entries, accruals and remittances
- Produces relevant and timely reports, providing the leadership team with in-depth analyses, and identifying issues and trends, which may affect overall profitability of the operations
- Manage and prepare year-end process requirements, including year-end data to produce T4, T4A, etc. statements in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage department projects and key initiatives to ensure quality and timely completion within budget
- Investigate, evaluate and resolve escalated payroll issues and discrepancies
- Supports monthly financial reporting and regulatory requirements
- Provide input to annual business plans and budgets and manage resources accordingly
- Work to continuously improve the payroll function, by completing audits and assessments and implementing controls where necessary, and explore opportunities for streamlining, efficiency improvement and cost reduction
- Professional Designation (CPP)
- Post-secondary education in related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role, including supervision of staff, with oversight of a multi-jurisdictional payroll, with multiple payrolls in a unionized environment,
- CPA designation is a preferred asset
- Extensive working knowledge of pensions and related submission requirements
- Knowledge of payroll mechanics, year-end processes, payroll tax filings, and functional reporting.
- Working experience with an ERP and payroll systems and related reporting tools
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, with advanced knowledge in Excel
- Experience developing and recommending corporate procedures and providing input to strategic/business plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion in interactions
$105,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29272.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.