About the Opportunity
- Assesses current payroll process and under the guidance of the VP, Finance will implement changes to the process to decrease processing time, reduce errors and increase overall efficiency
- Processed and reviews payroll process the bi-weekly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates, bonus payments and any other employment related changes
- Prepares and issues record of employments and T4’s and all other employment related documents
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Ensures compliance with provincial payroll legislation wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Participates in audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures
- Researches and recommends payroll processing systems and lead the implementation of new HRIS and payroll systems
- Administers group benefit plan and participates benefit marketing exercises
- Supports the organizations health and safety program and sits on the Health and Safety committee as secretary
- Support the recruitment cycle by posting job ads, screen resumes, conducting phone screens and reference check
- Facilitate the onboarding and offboarding processes
- Act as a point of contact for Employees and Managers for all Human Resources related inquiries
- Act as back up support for the HR Coordinator
- Reducing payroll processing time
- Timely and accurate submission of payroll
- At least 5 years of experience of related experience required.
- Expert knowledge of payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with payroll software
- Ability to maintain and preserve strict confidentiality.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
$38 - $43/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #381104.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.