About the Opportunity
- Manage and process the full cycle payroll process for Canada and U.S. teams, full time employees and contractors (adjusters) through Paycor, Wingspan and Ceridian.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of payrolls for both hourly, salaried and commission-based employees in both Canada and the U.S..
- Prepare calculations for payroll adjustments, deductions, change in compensation, new hires and terminations, garnishment requests, vacation pay and other adjustments.
- In-depth understanding of payroll compliance and reporting requirements in Canada and U.S., including but limited to annual T4’s and US W-2’s, W9’s.
- Maintain all relevant payroll reports, including staffing costs, tax reconciliation, journal entries, and payroll submission for approval.
- Prepare detailed records and documentation of payroll transactions for management review, audit purposes, in accordance with statutory (provincial, federal and state) requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to obtain key information for compensation and billing matters.
- Administration of benefits programs, including life/health and pension program.
- Handle all employment verification, including contract deployments.
- Act as payroll subject matter expert for the organization and point of contact for all payroll related escalations.
- Provide highest level of customer service to all employees and independent contractors regarding all payroll inquiries, researching and troubleshooting all related issues.
- Identify process improvement opportunities in systems and processes to ensure most effective operating model; and
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- University/college degree in Accounting/Business desirable
- PCP designation preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in medium size organization in payroll function
- Strong technical skills, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional computer skills including MS Office, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of Ceridian, Paycor and other payroll services is an asset
$70,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #388982.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.