ARE YOU A PAYROLL PROFESSIONAL SEEKING A NEW OPPORTUNITY? Our client is looking for a Payroll and Benefits Specialist for a full-time role.
Payroll and Benefits Specialist
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist will be responsible for processing Canadian payroll and benefits administration.
About the Opportunity
The candidate will be responsible for performing a diverse range of functions including but not limited to:
- Processing Canadian payroll through a third-party payroll services provider (ADP) on a semi-monthly basis or as necessary
- This includes all payroll-related payments including manual cheques, expense reimbursements, termination pay, etc.
- Ensure all payroll changes are processed accurately and within the set time frames
- Complete all related payroll forms and remittances, accurately and within the set time frames
- Develop necessary payroll communications and schedules to applicable parties
- Keep accurate records of all payroll transactions and related back-up
- Keep up-to-date on changes that affect payroll and benefits within Canada
- Preview U.S. payroll through a third-party payroll services provider (ADP), on a monthly basis or as necessary, ensuring accuracy prior to submitting for processing
- Ensure all benefit bills (including group insurance, RRSPs) are accurate and sent to finance for payment within set time frames
- Process all benefit enrollments, changes and terminations accurately and within set time frames
- Determine employee premiums and ensure accurate deductions are made through payroll (or through other arrangements e.g. during unpaid leave of absence)
- Answer employee questions regarding payroll and benefit coverage; ensure information is accessible to all employees and is kept up-to-date
- Administer and maintain stock options through a third-party service (Optrack/Solium)
- Track vacation/sick time, calculated pension contributions, T4 reconciliations, accounting accruals, etc.
- Reconciliation of payroll related accounts and accounting records
- Assist and oversee with Payroll audits and CRA correspondence as needed
- All payroll related compliance including EHT remittances, T4s and source deductions
- Maintain employee status for purpose of benefits, payroll, pension, etc., and perquisite account balances
- Calculate and monitor payroll budget
- Other related duties as required
- This position requires a minimum of a university or college education in a related area with a CPP designation
- This position requires a minimum of five (5) years of Canadian payroll experience
- Experience with administrating payroll in ADP Workforce Now
- Experience with Great West Life and Solium is an asset
- Knowledge or experience with JD Edwards is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and deliver effectively on ad hoc requests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to draft communications, presentations and strong facilitation skills
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
$65,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #18141.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.