About the Opportunity
- Prepares and ensure employee payroll records from time and attendance data is accurately recorded into data file format and Ceridian PowerPay (Q4 2021 – Ceridian Dayforce)
- Assist with transition from Ceridian PowerPay to Ceridian Dayforce with Payroll Manager.
- Maintains unionized wage rate and entitlement (vacation, sick, overtime) progressions according to Unionized Bargaining agreements, per site
- Confirms and verifies accurate payroll reports to time and attendance source data
- Communicate effectively with site managers to review payroll adjustments and ensure they are captured on each payroll
- Familiarity with year-end audit requirements
- Assist with ad-hoc payroll and HR related duties as required
- Process new team member’s documentation, ensuring that all paperwork is received for payroll and benefit enrolment and that all background and reference checks are complete
- Preparing and updating team members’ documentation and subsequent reporting to payroll, insured benefit carriers and pension administrators
- Post secondary education in business related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years experience in a payroll position
- Hands on knowledge with Ceridian Dayforce
- Ideally worked on multiple payroll systems, including manual environments
- Experience in recruiting/ talent acquisition an asset
- Computer Proficient (MS office, webmail, MS Teams etc.)
- Exceptional excel skills (Pivot tables, lookup, macros and VBA)
- Commendable interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to multitask in stressful, fast paced situation
- Strong analytic skills, high level of initiative and willingness to learn
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30206.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.