About the Opportunity
- Process 2 salary and 2 hourly payrolls for 250 employees in Ontario and Quebec
- Ensure all payrolls are accurately transmitted to service provider (Ceridian) in a timely fashion.
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets for hourly & salary employees
- Enter payroll adjustments into Ceridian Insync for each pay period: vacation pay, paid sick days, overtime hours, bereavement days, bonus payments, etc.
- Prepare both Hourly and Salary reconciliation spreadsheets to present to Controller and Accountants with payroll registers received from Ceridian, for each individual payroll
- Set up new hires in HR system
- Prepare month-end payroll journal entries (including payroll and accruals) for Sr. Accountant
- Prepare various payroll reports for Management and internal stakeholders as requested, as well as quarter-end reporting. ie: Headcount / Employee turnover reports to HR Dept
- Respond to and answer questions from Statistics Canada surveys
- Communicate with employees and answer all payroll and benefits related questions
- Follow year-end procedures, enter any year-end adjustments (CPP / EI deficiencies) necessary to produce accurate T4 slips
- Manage employee benefits
- 3-5 years of payroll administration experience
- Experience with Ontario and Quebec payroll
- Demonstrated experience in Ceridian software and Excel
- Bilingualism is an asset
$30 - $35/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29810.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.