About the Opportunity
- Oversee hourly, salary and executive payroll processing and transmission
- Respond to questions and provide information to managers, support staff and departments on all payroll matters
- Maintain awareness of current payroll legislation and coordinates system parameter changes
- Assist in developing new procedures, as well as maintaining company standards and ensuring legislative compliance and best practices
- Oversee/perform manual calculations and adjustments as necessary
- Manage the year-end processes, including T4s, T4As
- Oversee timely completion ROEs and government summaries
- Ensure accurate handling of all employee deductions, including CPP, EI, federal taxes, garnishees, etc.
- Provide accurate government remittances for EHT, WSIB, and other source deductions
- Manage government remittances and provides summaries and reports
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual payroll deduction and remittance reports
- Ensure integrity of payroll system and manages relationship with support team
- University degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience and/or training
- A minimum of 5 years of payroll experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel – intermediate levels)
- Knowledge of ADP payroll software
- Inter-provincial payroll experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
$30 - $35/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27776.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.