About the Opportunity
- Oversee and process hourly, salary, and unionized based payroll for both multiprovincial Canadian employees
- Respond to questions and provide information to managers, support staff and departments on all payroll matters
- Maintain awareness of current payroll legislation and coordinates system parameter changes
- Oversee/perform manual calculations and adjustments as necessary
- Manage the year-end payroll processes
- Oversee timely completion Records of Employment and government summaries
- Ensure accurate handling of all employee deductions, including CPP, EI, federal taxes, garnishees, etc.
- Ensure employee remittances are updated and reconciled to benefit provider’s portal and contributions are remitted in a timely manner, i.e. RRSP contributions
- Provide accurate government remittances for CPP, WSIB, and other source deductions
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual payroll deduction and remittance reports
- Ensure integrity of payroll system and manages relationship with support team
- Related post-secondary education
- 5+ years of progressive payroll experience
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce strongly preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28291.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.