About the Company
Our client is a non-profit organization and they are looking for a Network Engineer/Administrator to join their team. This role will be responsible for setting up computer networks, maintaining them, and offering technical support to users where necessary. You would also be responsible for hands-on installation and maintenance tasks on network components such as routers, switches and cables.
About the Opportunity
- 7+ years configuring and architecting routers, switches, VPNs, security devices and VOIP systems
- 5+ years Assist in architecture and design of L1 / L2 network devices
- 7+ years of maintaining and updating routers, switches, security devices, and VOIP firmware
- 3+ years with Sonicwall, HP, Avaya (VOIP), and Ubiquity devices
- 2+ years experience in Firewall security policy administration and monitoring
- 3+ years experience in designing of IP addressing scenarios using VLSM and Sub-netting
- Coordinate operations and maintenance activities for network devices in both on-prem and Cloud environments
- Develop procedures for patching, automation, monitoring, backups and high availability according to industry best practices
- Document operating procedures and network / security / voip configurations with formal handoff to IT operations team for future support
- Facilitate a regular knowledge sharing with IT team, collaboration and progress around network, voip best practices and challenges
- Post-Secondary Degree in IT, Engineering, or Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 7+ years of experience in system administration covering routers, switches, VPNs, security devices and VOIP systems
- CCNP and CCIE
- Knowledge of Hybrid datacenter environment
- Knowledge of Windows Server Operating system, VMWare and Azure Cloud
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26335.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.