About the Opportunity
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot complex global LAN/WAN environments (MPLS, VPN) in a 24x7 environment (including on-call time)
- Configure and setup firewalls (eg Cisco ASA, Fortinet, etc) and switches
- Design, setup and configure complex switching and routing environments
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems
- Interface with vendors and service providers on projects and support contracts
- Provide input into the creation of processes and standards for network operation
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Networking certifications - CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, etc.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in global Network / Data Communications support in a 24x7 environment
- Expert skills with Routers and Switches, and enterprise grade firewalls
- Expert in LAN/WAN technologies such as VPN, MPLS
- Data Center and high availability design experience is preferred
- Experience with VOIP components and Cisco UCM/UCS is preferred
- Experience with network security standards with a solid understanding of network-based security protocols and methods (e.g. IPSec, SSL, TLS, ACLs)
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, ITIL, ITSM
- Good English communication skills
- Other languages like French, Spanish, German, Japanese are assets
- Able to (rarely) travel overseas for major rollouts
$85,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25950.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.