About the Company
Our client is a leading manufacturing company in the plastics industry. They are looking for a Manager, Technical Financial Reporting to work with various stakeholders within the Finance & Accounting function to manage technical accounting and reporting matters.
Why Work Here
- Work hard, play hard attitude
- Excellent long term opportunities
- Will work closely with a fantastic team of people and leaders that have taken previous companies public (current CFO and other members of management team)
- Visibility to the CEO and executives
About the Opportunity
- Work cross-functionally to develop, administer and advise on Company accounting policies
- Lead technical accounting research, prepare technical accounting memos and communicate technical accounting conclusions
- Provide interpretation of new GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and their effect on the business
- Act as the subject matter expert to provide training to colleagues, enhancing the technical accounting capabilities of the team
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements in a format consistent with the requirements of SEC filings
- Review and maintain appropriate supporting documentation for all financial statements and disclosures
- Manage schedule for all reporting and filing deadlines
- Collaborate with Internal Audit, implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with various SOX 404 control requirements
- Prepare commentary for monthly financial reporting package(s) delivered to various end stakeholders; Private Equity Owners, Audit Committee, Lenders, Internal Management
- CPA, CA
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Technical expertise related to U.S. GAAP and IFRS
$110,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25115.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.