About the Company
Our client is a leading insurance provider. They are currently looking for a Manager, Technical Accounting, to oversee the company’s regulatory reporting functions and implement new accounting standards and recommend best practices.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Fast-paced, performance-driven and rewarding culture
- Company values its employees’ career growth and ongoing professional development
- Work-hard play-hard environment
About the Opportunity
- Take the lead in new system implementations and analyzing new projects from a Financial Reporting perspective (e.g. IFRS 17)
- Develop project deliverables, work papers and other project artifacts for finance projects
- Prepare memos, narratives/templates on new accounting pronouncements to assist management in assessing the financial and operational implications
- Lead the implementation of new accounting standards/pronouncements within CCG
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement disclosures stipulated in new accounting pronouncement or related to technical/complex accounting areas
- Serve as an entity wide technical accounting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives
- Assist in the preparation of materials to be presented at the quarterly Audit & Risk and/or sub-committee meetings
- Support the finance department with the drafting of new accounting policies and updating/reviewing existing policies
- Monitor OSFI, FSRA and other regulators’ publications; Maintain an evolving understanding of insurance legislation, regulation, and industry trends
- Periodic review and assessment of the company’s adherence to regulatory reporting standards
- CPA or equivalent
- In-depth Technical Accounting Policy experience
- Background within a public accounting firm or from industry
- Financial Services industry experience is a strong asset
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 (insurance contracts) is a plus
- People management experience is a strong asset
$105,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29559.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.