About the Company
Our client is a rapidly growing Software/Technology organization. They are looking for a Tax Manager who will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company's tax function, including tax planning, compliance, reporting, and strategy development. They work closely with internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure the organization's tax obligations are met while minimizing tax liabilities.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Be a part of one of Canada’s fastest growing organizations, with tons of room for career development and progression
- Opportunity to be the first Tax Professional in the company and lead and expand the team for the future
- Comprehensive compensation package that includes extremely valuable stock options
- Corporate Tax Compliance - Ensure timely and accurate preparation and filing of all federal, state, and local tax returns. Monitor changes in tax laws and regulations to ensure compliance and adapt tax strategies accordingly.
- Sales Tax Compliance - Ensure sales tax compliance in Canada, US, and globally as required.
- Tax Planning - Develop and implement tax-efficient strategies to minimize the organization's tax liabilities with particular emphasis on transfer pricing. Provide guidance on structuring transactions to optimize tax benefits.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and review tax provisions and disclosures in financial statements ensuring accurate reflection of the company's tax position.
- Tax Compliance Automation - Implement and manage tax compliance software (i.e., Avalara) and systems to streamline tax reporting processes.
- Tax Risk Management - Identify and assess tax risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Tax Strategy Development - Analyze and recommend tax-saving opportunities and incentives including management of annual SR&ED claim filing.
- Relationship Management - Responsible for managing the relationship with tax authorities and coordinating tax audits, as well as managing PwC, the Company's tax advisors.
- Audits and Inquiries - Represent the company during tax audits, inquiries, and appeals. Gather and provide documentation to support tax positions and resolve tax disputes.
- CPA Designation, MTax or completion of the In-depth Levels 1-3
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant tax experience, including experience in tax compliance and tax planning.
- In-depth knowledge of tax laws and regulations.
- US or International Tax experience is an asset
- Experience with ADP or other payroll and HR software.
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll processing.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Proficiency in tax software
$120,000 - $145,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 386134
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.