Our client is sourcing for a Manager of Accounting for a 6 month contract to permanent.
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for residential gross margin accounting for the North America markets, and the associated month-end close processes
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations/balance sheet review analyses
- Responsible for all debt accounting.
- Responsible for overseeing the unclaimed property process for all non-commercial business entities, inclusive of activities up to and including data analysis, timely filing of reports and timely remittances to customers
- Recognize business trends, and develop, achieve and refine KPI targets associated with these trends
- Identify, recommend and implement process improvement strategies
- Coordinate with the Sales Operations Group for commission capitalization processes and procedures
- Develop and grow relationships with senior stakeholders both internally and externally with accounting outsource providers
- Produce detailed and meaningful reporting for use at the Senior Leadership level
- Controlling the accounting records and ensuring that all journal entries booked by the team are accurate, in accordance with IFRS accounting standards, and have proper support
- CPA designation
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in the accounting / financial reporting arena, with a strong working knowledge of accounting principles, rules and guidelines
- Self-starter with the ability to think on their feet and react to situations in a professional and timely manner
- Strong leader with the ability to get the most out of their operational area and the team members within it
- Possess the ability to collaborate with other functional teams within the company, specifically in support of the sales / operational teams
- Proven experience in a supervisory capacity
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, specifically Excel and Access
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven extensive knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Ability to direct and supervise a team of five
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25298.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.