About the Company
Our client is a growing real estate organization that provides a full range of services within real estate development and investment management. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to take on a multitude of activities ranging from corporate Accounting, FP&A, and Reporting, to various ad-hoc projects.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Organization is going through a lot of growth
- Opportunity and expectation for this role to transition into a Manager role in 12 months’ time
About the Opportunity
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements including note disclosures for both real estate investment funds and partnerships and/or joint ventures
- Drafting quarterly investor reports for external stakeholders, which include quantitative and qualitative updates for both the company’s funds and projects.
- Direct collaboration with the company’s development team will be required for updates to project reporting
- Ownership of accounting and month-end close processes (preparation of electronic working papers with full monthly account reconciliations)
- FP&A - Preparation of quarterly fund cash flows. Manage cash at the fund level and recommend timing for investor cash calls and distributions
- Preparation of investor capital statements using the investor portal, Juniper Square
- Ad hoc analysis to support fundraising, including quarterly updates for fund leverage, project statistics, fund and project return trackers, along with other analysis required for new fund marketing
- Support as required for the acquisition of new developments
- Support for the undertaking of new corporate initiatives (i.e., Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance)
- Support in securing fund and corporate financing, as required
- Acting as a key contact throughout the annual financial statement audit and providing auditors with necessary support and explanations
- Maintenance of fund and project information presented to investors within the investor portal
- HST and other relevant tax filings
- Assist in maintaining the company’s corporate database and organizational charts
- CPA, or in-progress (late stages)
- Audit Firm/ Public Accounting experience (preference with a Big 4 firm)
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Real Estate industry experience is an asset
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29657.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.