About the Company
Our client is a non-profit organization. They are currently seeking a Manager, Reporting & Analysis who will report to the Senior Manager, Finance. This role will be responsible for external financial reporting, management reporting, maintaining the G/L architecture, and completing timely reconciliations between the various source systems. This role will involve close collaboration with other finance teams including accounting, unified banking, other finance teams, and senior volunteers.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Tremendous ability to be a part of an organization that makes real tangible impact on the lives of many.
- Fantastic culture built on trust and flexibility to work from home most days.
- Great work life balance. 35 hours per week, with early closures during summers and long weekends.
Reporting and Analysis
- Managing and mentoring the development of a team of 3-5 employees, instilling a culture that is accountable and decisive with a strong customer focus.
- Cultivate a growth mindset by supporting the development of team and individual goals based on the company’s strategic priorities and provide individual feedback to enhance performance development.
- Empowering and motivating the team to undertake their designated responsibilities.
- Applying organizational policies regarding diversity, equity and inclusivity to processes, communications, and customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Investments and Cash Management
- Building and/or modifying processes to support existing or new reporting and analysis processes that maximize operation efficiencies across the country.
- Leading / overseeing the development of new reports in a Sage 300 environment.
- Ensuring the timely preparation of all required reporting and analysis information and presentations required for meetings, disclosures, etc.
Audit & Controls
- Management of investment portfolio in accordance with appropriate direction.
- Preparation of weekly cashflow analysis.
- Development of cash management policies and procedures for cross country operations.
- Providing advice on internal control issues and recommending and implementing reporting enhancements.
- Assisting with documentation and implementation of accounting policies and internal controls, establishing best practices for the reporting and analysis team.
- Overseeing the preparation of working papers and analysis to support quarterly reviews and annual audits by external auditors.
- Coordinating internal audits.
- CPA designation required
- Minimum 5-7 years of strong accounting and analysis experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP requirements specific to the not-for-profit sector is an asset
- Experience managing and motivating a diverse team of accounting staff to achieve optimum performance
- Demonstrated experience with management reporting, ability to communicate financial information to a non-financial audience
- Experience preparing external financial statements, maintaining audit trail and preparation of audit working papers
- Experience building organization wide reporting and analysis processes
- Demonstrated experience with business case analysis
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency with MS Office; Office 365; advanced Excel
- Working knowledge of Sage is an asset
- Working experience with a Non-Profit organization is an asset
$80,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #383538.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.