ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FANTASTIC CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY AS A MANAGER OF REAL ESTATE ACCOUNTING? Our client is seeking a dynamic professional to join their team for a 3 month contract.
Manager Real Estate Accounting - 3 Month Contract
Our client is sourcing for a Real Estate Accounting Manager for a 3 month contract.
About the Opportunity
- Manages a real estate accounting team to provide accurate and timely client reporting for assigned portfolios of clients and properties. Implements processes to ensure compliance with reporting requirements. Reviews and certifies accuracy of all financial reports issued by accounting team
- Reviews staff work product, including financial packages, to ensure its complete, accurate and timely release to internal departments and external clients
- Troubleshoots escalated issues and ensures internal and external customer requests are handled timely, accurately and with a focus on customer service. Creates a positive customer experience by opening and maintaining constructive and reliable lines of communication
- Verifies and ensures accounting team's debt, real estate tax, sales tax and owner distribution payments are made timely and internal databases are updated and maintained accordingly
- May assist with internal and external property and client transitions. Works with other internal teams in handling special requirements as defined in the Management Agreement and scope of services in the Financial Services Agreement
- Identifies and communicates scope of service changes to manager and team. Suggests consulting opportunities to manager based on knowledge of the department's pricing platform
- Reviews the Corporate Accounts Receivable and Tenant's Accounts Receivable reports to ensure reconciliations are completed and reviewed by their team. Ensures open issues for the team are resolved
- Partners with field and account management teams to ensure they have a working knowledge of team's client Management Agreements and that they are properly maintained per department policy and requirements/terms. Ensures team managers are reviewing management fee calculations to be in accordance with the current Management Agreement
- Participates in external audits as needed
- Review budgets, reforecast and annual year-end recovery calculations to ensure timely completion
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values
- CPA designation or working towards designation
- Commercial Real Estate experience
- Lead by example and full-cycle work including financial statements
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial experience: mentor, train and supervise a team of 7
- Excellent communication and written experience
- Strong organizational, analytical and presentation skills
- Yardi and Advanced Excel
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23670.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.