About the Company
Our client is a leading commercial real estate company specializing in various investment, management, and development projects. They are currently looking for a Manager, Property Accounting who will be responsible for full accounting cycle for multiple commercial and industrial revenue producing properties projects
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Privately held and well-capitalized, with strong leadership
- Fantastic opportunity to join a growing business and build out a larger team
- Entrepreneurial culture, collaborative team environment, and fantastic mentorship opportunities
- Values individuals who are hard-working, many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Embrace and maintain a Property Accounting team culture of customer service and business partnership with Property Management and Leasing, that fosters interdepartmental collaboration and unity towards problem solving
- Responsible for managing all property accounting functions to ensure timely and accurate financial data in accordance with ASPE and compliance with government requirements
- Responsible for the preparation of property-level NOI statements and consolidated property financial reporting & analysis packages for senior management and shareholder group for Month End, Quarter End, Year End
- Manage the quarterly reforecast process by working with Director of Property Accounting and Operations to prepare property-by-property and consolidated properties cash flow reforecast & analysis package for senior management and shareholder group
- Oversee the Property Accounting team in the commercial property annual planning & budgeting process
- Oversee the Property Accounting team in the annual TMI Reconciliation process
- Responsible for the preparation of year end working papers and financial statements for income tax purposes.
- Support Director of Property Accounting, Property Management, and Leasing in regular initiatives to improve cross-department internal processes, controls, procedures, and policies between Property Accounting, Property Management, and Leasing to harmonize and bring efficiencies to both crossdepartment workflow and working relationships
- Support Director of Property Accounting in regular initiatives to improve Property Accounting internal processes, controls, procedures, and policies to drive efficiencies in team workflow
- Create, prepare, and maintain Yardi and Excel templates for journal entries, TMI reconciliations, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, financial reporting, reforecasting, modelling, and budgeting
- Responsible for meeting compliance, government regulations, and reporting deadlines
- Responsible for maintaining proper operation of internal controls and policies
- Support Director of Property Accounting in the preparation of year end income tax working papers for the Commercial Rental Portfolio
- Embrace and support annual Finance Team Goals & Objectives and align Property Accounting team efforts towards their successful achievement
- Direct reports include the property accountants (currently three)
- Other ad hoc projects, as required from time to time
- CPA designation
- 5-7 Years working experience
- Considerable experience with Yardi Voyager is required
Highly competitive salary package which includes
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #383634.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.