About the Company
Our client is a leading investment and management firm. They are currently looking for a Manager, Property Accounting, to be responsible for the preparation of annual budgets and provide accounting expertise for property acquisitions and dispositions amongst various related tasks.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- A very well-established organization that has an inclusive environment and collaborative culture
- Fantastic growth opportunity to manage a team and also train/mentor junior staff
About the Opportunity
- Provide Superior Returns to our Investors through Accurate and Reliable Financial Information
- Ensure monthly financial reports are delivered accurately and timely
- Ensure all accounting records are kept up to date within guidelines
- Assist with auditors requirements
- Preparation of annual budgets and assists Property Managers in completion of annual budgets
- Assist in the accounting of property acquisitions and dispositions and participate in the due diligence and preparation of statement of adjustment and post-closing adjustment phases, as required
- Continually monitor and review accounting process and procedures and recommend changes as appropriate to improve internal controls and/or efficiencies
- Perform special assignments and any other duties as required
- Mentor Property Accountants in full accounting cycle on a monthly basis
- Prepare year-end CAM & Tax recoveries
- Track capital costs and amortization thereof
- Prepare audit working papers
- Assists in Yardi administration functions
- Train new accounting staff in all aspects of property accounting
- Supports the property administration staff in the financial management of their properties
- Efficient and effective communication, in a professional manner, with all employees and clients
- Supervise Property Accountants
- Handle all aspects of training, development, and continuous improvement of staff, processes, and procedures
- Perform ongoing performance management for subordinates and seek opportunities for their development and advancement
- Motivate staff and promote a positive work atmosphere
- Foster a respectful and positive work environment for all employees
- Provide clear direction and expectations while supporting and encouraging the team
- Real Estate industry experience (Commercial/Office buildings)
- 5+ years of experience in Property Accounting
- People Management experience
- CPA designation (completed or in progress) is nice to have
- Yardi experience is also nice to have
Highly competitive and dependant on candidate experience.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #30021.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.