About the Company
Our client is a leader in decarbonization strategies, as one of the world’s largest investors, owners, and operators of renewable power with integrated operating, development and power marketing expertise. They are looking for a Manager, Portfolio Management who will be responsible for the country operating businesses to assess, understand and mitigate key business risks.
Why Work Here
- Newly created role that is high exposure at the executive level. High probability of promotion relatively quickly within the position.
- Strategic position that is the link between the investment team and the subsidiary businesses they acquire. Very unique and interesting role.
- World class company with nothing but upside potential from a learning and development standpoint.
About the Opportunity
- Assist investment teams in performing due diligence on potential acquisitions in accordance with the company’s standards.
- Work with the operating businesses to effectively integrate acquisitions with the company’s standards (i.e. Code of Business Conduct, Anti-bribery and corruption (ABC), Cyber-security, ESG and internal control framework).
- Help lead the organization’s Anti-bribery and corruption program, including ensuring that policies and best practices are being followed across all operating businesses, identifying ABC risks, overseeing compliance with the training program.
- Design and implement new policies and procedures to address key business risks and evolving industry standards.
- Where appropriate provide necessary training on the key company’s standards.
- Assist with the preparation of external reporting on sustainability-related topics to stakeholders.
- Support the Internal Audit program, including reviewing reports that are produced by the Internal Audit group, understanding observations and recommendations raised during the reviews, and working with internal stakeholders to ensure remediation plans are completed in a timely manner.
- Build relationships with external advisors who may assist from time to time.
- CPA, CA required
- 4 to 6 years of relevant progressive work experience, in a business advisory/audit/consulting role
- Good working knowledge of IFRS accounting principles and SOX internal control programs
$110,000 to $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 341916.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.