About the Company
Our client, a major insurance organization, is looking for their next Manager, Operational Accounting, a highly visible role. This organization comes with a great workforce who recognizes the value and benefits of their employees to the business.
Why Work Here
- Strong mentorship and career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work for a Canadian founded company that has been for over 50+ years
- Low turnover and solid company culture
About the Opportunity
- Ensure risks and opportunities are addressed to meet business, audit, and compliance requirements
- Ensure issues and exceptions are identified and resolved and that root-cause analyses are undertaken and solutions and preventative measures are developed and implemented
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and vendors to identify and resolve issues, escalate issues to senior management where appropriate
- Ensure that adequate internal controls for corporate accounting processes, procedures and requirements are developed, communicated, implemented and followed
- Research relevant accounting and regulatory changes
- Develop strategies for obtaining relevant information from corporate systems; seek input and collaboration from key internal stakeholders
- Compile and provide financial and operational reporting and analysis to senior management and other relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors
- Collaborate with management in the assessment of non-routine and complex accounting transactions
- Participate on inter-company and external life insurance and mutual fund/investment industry working groups
- Coach and mentor team members
- CPA, CFA
- Operations accounting experience for funds (Fund Accounting)
- Experience working in life insurance is an asset
$90,000 - $100,000/ year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29114.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.