About the Company
Our client is a leading company in the distribution industry. They are currently seeking a Manager of Tax who will oversee Canadian tax requirements, including compliance and provisions.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Great benefits including pension and fantastic bonus!
Opportunities for growth and development
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Great work life balance
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for all Canadian income tax compliance, including Canadian corporate income tax returns and other information returns (e.g. T106, T1134, T5013, etc.).
- Preparation of quarterly/annual tax provision, and other tax reporting requirements (e.g. consolidation and note disclosures).
- Assist with all tax audits and inquiries.
- Calculate and advise on tax instalments for multiple entities within the organization
- Research and interpret changing tax legislation and related income tax regulations, rules and case law, identify tax issues and opportunities for tax minimization and advise on their implications
- Assist with SR&ED/other tax incentives and coordinate efforts with the business and external advisors
- Support Director, Taxation with ad hoc projects/researches, including but not limited to tax planning/reorganizations.
- Work closely with other departments to provide tax advises.
- CPA designation
- 3-4 years of tax experience in a firm or industry with strong IFRS tax accounting knowledge and the Canadian Income Tax Act
- Strong Excel skill
- Sales tax experience is an asset
- US tax experience is an asset
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #365399
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.