About the Company
Our client is a leading financial services company. They are looking for an Manager of Tax who will be responsible for tax returns, compliance and control processes, audits, as well as research and analysis. This individual will also participate in various tax and tax-related projects as required.
Why Work Here
- Very supportive and collaborative environment
- Internal functions to get to know colleagues
- Opportunity for internal promotion in the near future
About the Opportunity
- Prepare working papers to support corporate tax and information returns and complete tax forms and supporting documentation for these returns on a timely basis
- Review working papers to support filing of the premium tax, monthly provincial sales tax and monthly and annual indirect commodity tax returns
- Prepare working papers for monthly HST returns and filing on a monthly basis
- Prepare/review non-resident withholding tax working papers, tax slips and returns including those prepared by third-party provider
- Assist with US and UK compliance requirements, including FBAR filings, review of FATCA and CRS forms, VAT, etc.
- Review annual FATCA and CRS filings
- Assist with Policyholder tax filings
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provisions as required
- Requisition all installments, and payments for taxes, on a timely basis
- Prepare working papers for current and deferred tax on a quarter and annual basis including return to tax provision/assessment
- Prepare the year end and interim financial statement tax notes and supporting documentation as required
- Manage the process for the year-end Canadian tax audits and other audits by tax authorities, including the preparation of working papers, analysis and supporting documentation to respond to auditors on a timely basis
- Research, analyze and provide recommendations on a variety of legislative and regulatory Canadian and U.S. federal and provincial/state income tax, policyholder tax, commodity and retail sales tax issues. Some co-ordination with outside consultants may be required.
- CPA (CA Preferred)
- Minimum Experience :5-7 years
- Financial Services exposure
$120,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 344595.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.